Pocket Luach Deluxe - The Jewish Calendar (siddur, zmanim) app for iPhone and iPad
New: Support for Apple Watch and Pebble Watch notifications.
New: Now updated for iOS 7, iOS 8, and the iPhone 6 and 6 plus with a Today Extension.
New: Now includes a Jewish Clock that comes up whenever the phone is held sideways. You can use the Jewish Clock as a night clock while the phone is plugged in. The clock displays the current time, the Jewish date, information about the current day, custom events, and upcoming praying times or Candle lighting times.
New: Now includes the complete book of Esther read on Purim!
Pocket Luach Deluxe is an application that converts Jewish dates to and from regular dates. It also displays the name and dates of Jewish holidays and Jewish significant days. Pocket Luach Deluxe displays the name of the Parasha read on Shabat and holidays. Unlike Pocket Luach, this version of the software can:
* Keep track of all your contacts jewish dates (birthdays, anniversaries...)
* Add dates directly to your contacts
* Export your Jewish dates to iCal
* Create reminders for praying times or any other time
* "Jewish Clock" mode to display a Jewish clock when the iPhone is held sideways
* New! Now includes the complete book of Esther read on Purim
List of the other features:
* Convert any date from the Jewish Calendar to/from the Civil Calendar
* Display all jewish holidays and significant Jewish events in history
* Display the name of the torah section read on Shabat, Jewish holidays, and Rosh Hodesh
* iPhone Pocket Luach settings tab available to configure the many features of the software
* UI is skinned (may be turned off in the iPhones settings)
* List view that displays all upcoming events (Holidays...)
* List View can generate reports thru email (all days off needed, all Parashot...)
* Time View display praying times for anywhere in the world thru GPS location finding. A default location is definable in the iPhone settings view.
* Time View calculation rules is fully customizable in the iPhones settings. Pocket Luach can therefore match whichever custom you follow.
* A Note View displays built-in comments about a selected date whenever available.
* A Siddur view displays the prayers for morning, afternoon, & evening services. it also displays the prayers after a meal or snack and the prayer said while traveling.
Other solutions exist on the web with similar functionalities but require a live internet access and/or a desktop computer to work. Also, the very fact that they require a live internet connection makes them very slow to use.
Being a native iPhone application, Pocket Luach allows for quick and simple conversion of dates on the go. This is useful for any observant Jew or for Gentiles doing business with observant Jews. For instance, with Pocket Luach, one can quickly make sure a proposed date for an appointment does not fall on a Jewish holiday before finalizing the date.
Pros and cons of Pocket Luach Deluxe - The Jewish Calendar (siddur, zmanim) app for iPhone and iPad
Pocket Luach Deluxe - The Jewish Calendar (siddur, zmanim) app good for
Great app especially with local times. Just one thing. On Rosh Chodesh and Chol Ha Moed can the special additions to the Amidah and Birkat Hamazon etc show up differently so we dont forget them?
This is a great app. You can lookup any date in the past and future.
This new version has many great features. All the important events during the days are shown. You are able to view by day, week and list view. You can add Yahrtzeits, Anniversaries, Birthdays etc. There is an ability to change the text size for those of us who need larger test sizes. Alerts can be sent from the application.
Definitely worth the purchase price.
for those of us needing to keep both calendars straight this does the job well.
All bugs are fixed in the newest version. This app is fantastic and tells me everything I need to know. Its worth buying but if you dont want to buy deluxe, then buy the regular because this is a great app.
The previous reviews were from the older version which had many problems.
Support them by buying this app and they will make it even more useful (like adding english translation as someone previously stated).
Except, when I try to set the time for Shabbos ending based on degrees and not minutes, it does not use degrees. I set Shabbos to end at 8 degrees and it tells me Shabbos ends 8 minutes after sunset.
Some bad moments
It seemed useful, but there is all this mandatory Chabad things that you cannot get rid of without losing important things like Pesach. Who cares about Schneersohns Yahrzeit (although at least that admits he is dead)
This is a complicated app to follow. All I wanted was a download of the next weeks Haftorah and it appears impossible to find.
What a waste if money. Cant save yahrtzeit dates from past events without application closing. When trying to edit event, it insists it is anniversary. Save button is grayed out Bought this instead if Lite version because of this feature but feel ripped off. Plan to delete. Found a Windows program that performs this functionality into Outlook that actually works. Sorry I didnt find it earlier and saved time and $. Loser application!!!
Calendar doesnt show right time of Shabbat end! I dont understand why author doesnt fix it!
Just want a place for events based on Jewish calendar. Either it does not work or I can not figure out how to set and display events.
All I wanted was a Hebrew calendar and a place to store yarzeit dates. Its impossible to find where to add yarzeit dates and burdensome to even go to a specific date. Application has crashed multiple times. Wish Penticon would come up with iPhone version of its Centro Luach application. That was worth its weight in gold.
tebeka software solutions,
and other. So, download free Pocket Luach Deluxe - The Jewish Calendar (siddur, zmanim) .ipa to run this nice iOS application on iPhone and iPad.
Usually Pocket Luach Deluxe - The Jewish Calendar (siddur, zmanim) iOS app used & searched for