New: Support for Apple Watch and Pebble Watch notifications.
New: Now updated for iOS 7, iOS 8, and the iPhone 6 and 6 plus with a Today Extension.
New: Now includes a Jewish Clock that comes up whenever the phone is held sideways. You can use the Jewish Clock as a night clock while the phone is plugged in. The clock displays the current time, the Jewish date, information about the current day, custom events, and upcoming praying times or Candle lighting times.
New: Now includes the complete book of Esther read on Purim!
Pocket Luach Deluxe is an application that converts Jewish dates to and from regular dates. It also displays the name and dates of Jewish holidays and Jewish significant days. Pocket Luach Deluxe displays the name of the Parasha read on Shabat and holidays. Unlike Pocket Luach, this version of the software can:
* Keep track of all your contacts jewish dates (birthdays, anniversaries...)
* Add dates directly to your contacts
* Export your Jewish dates to iCal
* Create reminders for praying times or any other time
* "Jewish Clock" mode to display a Jewish clock when the iPhone is held sideways
* New! Now includes the complete book of Esther read on Purim
List of the other features:
* Convert any date from the Jewish Calendar to/from the Civil Calendar
* Display all jewish holidays and significant Jewish events in history
* Display the name of the torah section read on Shabat, Jewish holidays, and Rosh Hodesh
* iPhone Pocket Luach settings tab available to configure the many features of the software
* UI is skinned (may be turned off in the iPhones settings)
* List view that displays all upcoming events (Holidays...)
* List View can generate reports thru email (all days off needed, all Parashot...)
* Time View display praying times for anywhere in the world thru GPS location finding. A default location is definable in the iPhone settings view.
* Time View calculation rules is fully customizable in the iPhones settings. Pocket Luach can therefore match whichever custom you follow.
* A Note View displays built-in comments about a selected date whenever available.
* A Siddur view displays the prayers for morning, afternoon, & evening services. it also displays the prayers after a meal or snack and the prayer said while traveling.
Other solutions exist on the web with similar functionalities but require a live internet access and/or a desktop computer to work. Also, the very fact that they require a live internet connection makes them very slow to use.
Being a native iPhone application, Pocket Luach allows for quick and simple conversion of dates on the go. This is useful for any observant Jew or for Gentiles doing business with observant Jews. For instance, with Pocket Luach, one can quickly make sure a proposed date for an appointment does not fall on a Jewish holiday before finalizing the date.